I have fond memories of my senior prom, but I remember paying through the nose to get my hair done for the big event, and while the finished product was exactly what I wanted, I’m sure my parents wish I had taken the time to research some DIY prom hairstyles so I could’ve saved them a bit of cash.
Of course, hindsight is always 20/20 and that’s not going to happen, but with more than a month until prom season, I’ve pulled together a fabulous collection of hairstyles for medium-length and long hair to give you the inspiration you need to make yourself look glamorous for prom without leaving the comfort of your own home.
Some of these are easy, others are a little more difficult, but all of them are the perfect DIY prom hairstyles for the big day.
In my opinion, anyway!
Good luck and let me know in the comments section below which hairstyles you like the most!
1. Easier Than It Looks Updo by The Small Things Blog
2. Easiest Party Updo by MakeupWearables Hairstyles
3. Braided Updo by Lilith Moon
4. 2-Minute Elegant Bun Hairstyle by MakeupWearables Hairstyles
5. Elegant Prom Half-Updo Hairstyle by Bebexo
6. Messy Bun with a Braided Wrap by The Small Things Blog
7. Quick Side Updo for Prom! by Kayley Melissa
8. Twist-Crossed Curly Half-Up Ponytail Updo by MakeupWearables Hairstyles
9. Voluminous Braided Messy Bun by MakeupWearables Hairstyles
10. Easy Prom Hair Updo by Luxy Hair
Pssst. Did you know I have a Fabulous Hair board on Pinterest where I pin my favorite hair styles, cuts, and updos for short, medium-length, and long hair? No?! Click below to check it out!