When my dad died 18 months ago, I felt like I was functioning on autopilot while trying to get everything done each day, and when I tucked my 3-year-old in each night, I often felt like a crappy parent for not giving her more of my undivided attention.
And then I remembered a fun activity the 2 of us used to do on miserable winter days when one of us was sick or the weather was too miserable for us to go outside, and before I knew it, we were spending a good chunk of our afternoons curled up in each other arms watching celebrities sing their best songs on YouTube with our furry friends on Sesame Street.
Have you ever done this?
It’s so much fun, and it’s the perfect activity to do together when you need some cheering up.
I’ve included 10 of our favorites below. Let me know which ones you and your kids like the best!
1. Sesame Street: Will.i.am Sings “What I Am”
2. Sesame Street: Pentatonix Counts (& Sings) to Five
3. Sesame Street: Outdoors with Jason Mraz
4. Sesame Street: Bruno Mars – Don’t Give Up
5. Sesame Street: Norah Jones Sings Don’t Know Y
6. Sesame Street: Celebrity Lullabies With Ricky Gervais
7. Sing the Alphabet Song!
8. Sesame Street: Usher’s ABC Song
9. Sesame Street: Hootie And The Blowfish Sing Hold My Hand
10. Sesame Street: REM sings Shiny Happy Monsters on Sesame Street
If you enjoyed these sesame street music videos as much as we have, please share them on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more ways to have fun with your kids, please follow our Kids board where we share all kinds of inspiration!