I have never been a big dessert person – I prefer salty things – but I’m the first to admit I have absolutely zero self-control when it comes to cookies. I can polish off an entire bag in one sitting, which isn’t good news for my thighs, so I try my hardest not to buy them and do my best to turn a blind eye when I see them on display at our local coffee shop.
But every once in a while, temptation gets the best of me and I absolutely HAVE to indulge. Some would argue I should resist the urge, but I’m a big believer that successful weight loss requires a good balance, and rewarding myself with a sugary treat every now and then is key to maintaining that balance.
(Who’s with me on this one?!)
Of course, I usually end up buying my sweet delights as I rarely have the time to make them myself, but since I’m trying to be conscious of the things I put into my body, I’ve decided to try my hand at baking. I figure with the added control, I can substitute healthier options wherever I can, and who doesn’t enjoy a fresh, homemade cookie straight out of the oven during the holidays?
Check out 25 drool-worthy holiday cookie recipes I can’t wait to try in 2016!
1. Twix Thumbprint Cookies (The Recipe Critic)
2. Chewy Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies (Bake. Eat. Repeat.)
3. Soft & Chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies (The Pinning Mama)
4. Pecan Pie Cookies (Spend with Pennies)
5. Best Sugar Cookie Recipe (In Katrina’s Kitchen)
6. Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Sally’s Baking Addiction)
7. Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies (Amy’s Healthy Baking)
8. Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies (Gimme Some Oven)
9. Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies (Swanky Recipes)
10. S’mores Stuffed Cookies (A Cookie Named Desire)
11. Chocolate Sugar Cookie (Sweetopia)
12. Buckeye Brownie Cookies (Tastes of Lizzy T’s)
13. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (Simply Recipes)
14. Blueberry Lemon Cookies (Sugar Apron)
15. Brown Butter Salted Caramel Cookies (Two Peas & Their Pod)
16. Coffee Sugar Cookies (I am Baker)
17. Classic Peanut Butter Cookies (Sally’s Baking Addiction)
18. Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Like Mother Like Daughter)
19. Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies (Sally’s Baking Addiction)
20. Iced Oatmeal Cookies (Mother Thyme)
21. 5 Ingredient Oreo Cheesecake Cookies (Baker By Nature)
22. Hot Chocolate Cookies (Love From the Oven)
23. Cinnamon Bun Cookies (Wanna Come With?)
24. German Chocolate Cake Cookies (A Dash of Sanity)
25. 10 Minute Nutella Cookies (Budget Savvy Diva)
If you love this collection of holiday cookie recipes as much as we do, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more dessert ideas for holidays (or everyday!), please follow our Gluttony board where we share all kinds of delicious finds!