Sometimes a chocolate dessert comes along so delicious, so guilt-free, so heavenly…you won’t want to share it…and won’t feel the need to.
Heavenly just doesn’t cut it. It’s silky. It’s just sweet enough. It’s light. It’s dairy-free, naturally-sweetened (but only a little bit), and it’s chocked FULL of antioxidants. And a good quality cocoa or raw cacao is loaded with the minerals we are often missing, like magnesium (which helps with sleep, stress, aches, cramps, and more.) And a bit of good fat didn’t hurt anyone, either.
What more could you ask for when it feels like spring is just around the corner, but a little chocolate lift couldn’t hurt?
There are only four main ingredients in this dish. And the best part is, those ingredients are often on hand. At least they are in this household. Good for last minute chocolate cravings.
- 1 can preservative-free coconut milk, placed in fridge for a few hours (or use heavy cream instead)
- 2 - 4 Tbsp raw cacao (cocoa will work in a pinch)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey or coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- nuts or berries, for serving
- Take the can of coconut milk out of the fridge. Scoop off the cream that has floated to the top and hardened. (If you are using a cheaper coconut milk with a lot of weird preservatives this won't work as well, and there will be a lot less "cream" at the top to work with. Stick with a quality brand or make yourself.)
- With beaters (or the equivalent on a stand mixer), whip coconut cream just like you would regular whipping cream. This is where you COULD use regular heavy cream if you would prefer.
- When it starts to look like soft whipped cream, add in the remaining ingredients. Whip for half a minute longer.
- Transfer to a bowl and place in fridge to chill a while.
- When it's ready, transfer to small bowls (if you can stand to share) and top with nuts or berries, if desired.
This is SUCH a fabulous last minute dessert for a dinner party, as long as the ingredients are available. Just remember to place the can of coconut milk in the fridge while you’re preparing and eating dinner.
If you enjoyed this 4-ingredient, dairy-free Heavenly Raw Chocolate Mousse recipe, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more yummy dessert recipes to try, please follow our Gluttony board where we share all kinds of ideas!