I like to call this culinary creation grilled cheese with a delicious twist! When I was studying at University my favourite sandwich to get from the campus café was the turkey apple cheddar. The blend of flavours made for the perfect trio that was both tasty and pretty healthy, too. This fall has been the season of grilled cheese for me, so I was inspired to think back to my uni days and decided to add my favourite sandwich ingredients to the grilled cheese mix, plus a spicy little addition. The result is dreamy; not to mention you can put it together in about ten short minutes (maybe even five!).
I hope you guys enjoy the spicy twist on the classic grilled cheese. Now you can wow your family or lunch guests with the unexpected yet delectable combination of flavours!
- Bread of your choice
- Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Apple, sliced (McIntosh are tasty and great for this recipe!)
- Jalapeno peppers (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Butter one side of each bread slice
- Add sliced cheese, turkey and apple pieces to the sides that aren't buttered (add cheese to both slices for extra goodness)
- Add salt and pepper (and jalapenos for a kick)
- Put bread slices together and grill in a pan on the stove top over medium heat until both sides are golden brown
If you liked this decadent homemade mac and cheese recipe, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more delicious recipes to add to your weekly rotation, please follow our Food board where we share all kinds of delicious ideas to keep you and your family happy!