With the exception of rice krispie treats, my daughter is opposed to eating anything sweet, which means I never have a justifiable excuse to buy all of the empty-calorie desserts I love, but when it comes to DECORATING holiday-inspired treats, my little one gets more excited than a 5-year-old on Christmas morning.
She takes dessert decorating VERY seriously, and since I have a weakness for anything topped with icing, chocolate, gummy bears, and pretty much anything else that is completely devoid of nutritional value, she and I have a blast throughout every single holiday.
And while few things measure up to the excitement that is Christmas and birthdays in this household, I am a sucker for all things love, and have been on the hunt for some delicious (for me) Valentine’s Day treats to make with kids to help make February 14th even more special.
Whether you’re looking for easy Valentine’s Day treats for kids that are perfect for school bake sales and class parties, need healthy recipes to help you indulge without the bulge, or want cute desserts for him to surprise your special someone once the kids are in bed, we’ve rounded up some pretty amazing ideas.
Number 5 is to die for…
1. Conversation Heart Chocolate Pretzels (Living Locurto)
2. DIY Valentine’s Day Heart Fortune Cookie Recipe (Camille I Am)
3. Valentine Fruit Wands (A Few Shortcuts)
4. Easy Marshmallow Valentine Treats (The Sweet Life)
5. Valentine’s Twinkies on a Stick (Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)
6. DIY Rose Cake Pops (The Cake Blog)
7. Chocolate Covered Pretzels (Love From The Oven)
8. Hershey’s Secret Kiss Cookies (Cakescottage.com)
If you liked this collection of Valentine’s Day treats, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more ways to have fun with your kids, make sure to follow our Kids board on Pinterest where we share all kinds of great ideas!