I don’t know about you, but I’m a big fan of summer.
I love spending afternoons at the park with my 3-year-old.
I love blowing bubbles on our terrace after dinner.
I love wearing maxi dresses and flip flops.
I love weekend trips to the beach.
And I love the sound of our local ice cream truck on hot, lazy afternoons.
But I do not love the sound of rain pitter-pattering on our windows between the months of June and September. It just seems so…unfair…after enduring month after month of snow, sleet, freezing rain, colds, and flus, you know?
The good news?
I’ve found some great kids activities books to help me out when my daughter and I are climbing the walls (my faves are 101 Kids Activities That Are the Bestest, Funnest Ever!, The 101 Coolest Simple Science Experiments, and 150+ Screen-Free Activities for Kids), and I recently discovered HEAPS of indoor activities on Pinterest.
Here are 25 of my favorites.
2. Throw the kids in the tub and unleash their inner Picasso with some shaving cream bathtub paint!
4. Set-up a color scavenger hunt around your house.
5. Go wild and paint the windows!
8. Get out a tupperware bowl, add some water and dish soap, grab a couple of straws and have a bubble blowing contest!
10. Put on your rain gear and do some indoor puddle jumping!
12. Challenge your kids to a game of balloon tennis!
13. Make busy bags!
14. Get your kids in their swim suits and listen to them scream with glee in this shower ball pit!!
15. Spend the afternoon building sand castles with this stick sand dough recipe!
16. Get creative and make a race car play bath.
18. Get out the flour and bake a batch of alphabet cookies!
19. Crack open the play doh and print off some of these awesome printable play doh mats!
20. Go alphabet fishing.
22. Get creative and make some marshmallow and toothpick buildings!
24. Put on your jerseys and play a game of balloon hockey!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you liked this collection of indoor activities for bad weather days, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more ways to have fun with your kids, please follow our Kids board where we share all kinds of great ideas!