One of my fondest Halloween memories from my childhood happened in Girl Scouts. I was about 8-years-old at the time, and we were living in Singapore where Halloween didn’t exist, so the Leaders (is that what they’re called?) wanted to make our Halloween extra special. We used to meet every Monday after school, and while I’m sure they organized various Halloween crafts and activities for us that afternoon, the only thing I remember was that they served us orange sprite with our snack.
And I thought it was the best thing ever.
I don’t think I ever had any Halloween-inspired treats after that day (with the exception of my college days, but that’s a story for another time…), but that little bit of food coloring made such an impression on me that I’ve promised myself I will go all out and make holidays extra special for my own daughter.
I recently ordered the Betty Crocker Halloween Cookbook for inspiration (the book has over 100 recipes!!!), and found HEAPS of fabulous Halloween lunch ideas for kids I can surprise her with for years to come on Pinterest last night.
Here are some of my favorites.
1. Homemade Halloween Chips (Simply Designing)
2. Meatball Mummies (Spend with Pennies)
3. Halloween Spaghetti (The 36th Avenue)
4. Mini Pumpkin Quesadillas (Crafty Morning)
5. Cheese and Pretzel Broomsticks (One Little Project)
6. Creepy-Crawly Bugs Recipe (Taste of Home)
7. Yummy Mummy… On A Stick! (Bent On Better Lunches)
8. Mummy Pizza (The Joys of Boys)
9. Bones and Cheese Dip (Pocket Change Gourmet)
10. Spooky Healthy Snack (Pimp My Dinner)
11. Finger Pizza (Cute Food for Kids)
12. Monster Sandwiches (Chocolate and Carrots)
13. Cheese Monsters (Danya Banya)
14. Halloween Bento Box (Modern Parents Messy Kids)
15. Pumpkin Oranges (Our Kids Mom)
16. Little Frankies (Green Lunches Green Kids)
17. Mummy Juice Boxes (Couponing to Disney)
18. GoGo Squeeze Mummy Pouches (The Nerd’s Wife)
19. Goldfish Filled Mini Pumpkin Halloween Treats (100 Directions)
20. Jack-O-Lantern Orange Fruit Cups (Simplee Thrifty)
21. Apple Peanut Butter Teeth (Blommi)
22. Halloween Sweet Potato Fries (Tablespoon)
23. Jack-O-Lantern Pita Snacks (Baby Center Blog)
24. Harvest Hash – Halloween Trail Mix (The House of Hendrix)
25. Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs (Frugal Coupon Living)
This post contains affiliate links.
If you enjoyed these Halloween lunch ideas for kids, please share them on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more way to have fun with your kids, please follow our Fun with Kids board on Pinterest!