There are three things in this world that make my husband happy: reading financial commentary online, watching poker on TV, and eating sweet potatoes.
The only problem is, I haven’t read a newspaper since before my daughter was born, and I could care less about Daniel Negreanu’s WSOP earnings, so I spend an inordinate amount of time peeling and baking sweet potatoes to keep the magic alive in my marriage.
But I’m getting pretty sick of oven-roasted sweet potatoes, so I’m mixing things up over here with some of these awesome sweet potato recipes I found. I feel like it’s the least I can do after my husband remembered to get me a Valentine’s Day card AND let me watch Bridesmaids for the millionth time last night, you know?
Some of these sweet potato recipes are too delicious to keep to myself, so I’m sharing my favorites with you. And if you want MORE sweet potato recipes to keep the special someone in your life happy, I highly recommend the The Sweet Potato Lover’s Cookbook, which is filled with over 100 different ways to enjoy these amazing superfood!
1. Want something fast? Then try these Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe by Simply Recipes.
2. Love pecans? Then you’ll find this Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes recipe by Martha Stewart pretty hard to pass up.
3. Feeling cheesy? Then try this Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadilla by Keep Your Diet Real.
4. Got bacon? Then check out this Sweet Potato Risotto with bacon by The Framed Table. It looks delicious!
5. Need an excuse to bust out the pumpkin pie spice? Then try these Dolloped Sweet Potatoes by Taste of Home.
6. Feel like baking? Then check out this Cinnamon and Spice Sweet Potato Bread by Averie Cooks.
7. Want to add something green to your dish? Then try this Potato, Zucchini, and Sweet Potato Bake by A Bird and a Bean.
By the way, am I the only one who always spells the word “Zucchini” wrong?
8. Feel like making soup? Then check out this Sweet Potato Corn Chowder by Yeah…immaEATthat.
9. Want something healthy? Then this Lightened Up Sweet Potato Casserole by The Pioneer Woman is for you!
10 Feel like something sweet? Then give this Sweet Potato Pie recipe by Joy the Baker a try. It looks like a winner to me!
This post contains affiliate links.
If you enjoyed these sweet potato recipes as much as we did, please share them on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more delicious recipes to add to your weekly rotation, please follow our Food board where we share all kinds of yummy recipes!