Homemade mac and cheese is one of my greatest guilty pleasures. This is one of my mom’s most delicious recipes, which I had to steal from her to share with all of you! With perfectly cooked pasta enrobed in rich, creamy cheese sauce, this mac and cheese recipe is bound to be one you whip up over and over again.
This dish is the perfect chilly weather meal to indulge in after a long day. It only takes about an hour to prepare and bake, and if you make an extra large dish, you can freeze the leftovers. This way, you’ll be prepared for those crazy nights when all you have time for is to heat something up in the microwave or on the stove top. In just a few easy steps, tonight’s dinner is sure to be a mouth-watering hit! Enjoy!
- 1 large stick of medium cheddar cheese - grated
- Elbow macaroni
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ cup Butter
- Olive oil
- Cook the macaroni and set aside
- Butter a large glass baking dish (13"x 9") and add cooked macaroni to the dish
- Dice onion and fry in olive oil, mix into macaroni
- In a small pot, melt half cup butter
- Add flour and milk to pot to make a roux
- Add a couple of handfuls of cheddar cheese to roux and mix until smooth (you may need to add more milk and flour as you go)
- Add to macaroni dish and mix in well
- Cover the macaroni with the rest of the grated cheddar cheese
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- Take off foil, and bake for 10 more minutes until sizzling
If you liked this decadent homemade mac and cheese recipe, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more delicious recipes to add to your weekly rotation, please follow our Food board where we share all kinds of delicious ideas to keep you and your family happy!