For as long as I can remember, one of my all-time favourite things to do has been to order in Chinese food, snuggle up on the couch and watch a good movie. However, as my culinary curiosity has expanded, I’ve started recreating some of my favourite Asian dishes in the comfort of my own kitchen.
This Asian steak noodle bowl is the perfect meal to whip up for dinner whether you’re on your own, with your significant other, or cooking for a group of friends! It’s quick, tasty and has the authentic Asian flavour that I love. Plus, you can feel free to add in your favourite veggies and make it your own. So, next time you feel like ordering in, try this recipe instead. You’ll be glad you did!
Recipe adaption from: Iowa Girl Eats Mongolian Beef Noodle Bowls
- 8oz thick rice noodles
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 broccoli head, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions, set aside
- Whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, and water
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet, add steak and fry until browned
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the wok then add broccoli, red pepper, and mushrooms
- Add garlic, stir fry for another 30 seconds
- Add noodles and sauce to wok then and toss until warmed; add in flour to thicken the sauce
If you liked the post Asian steak noodle bowl recipe, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more delicious recipes to add to your weekly rotation, please follow our Food board where we share all kinds of delicious ideas to keep you and your family happy!