Busy bags are a great way to keep little ones occupied on bad weather days and sick days, while traveling, or during the witching hour leading up to dinnertime, but coming up with fresh ideas to keep them interesting can be challenging.
And that’s why I loved Pinterest.
My daughter has always been a fan of ‘surprise bags’, and this collection of busy bags for preschoolers I put together a couple of years ago was particularly helpful (and saved me a lot of tears) when the 2 of us traveled alone together.
There are so many different educational activities for kids in this list, and most of these ideas are pretty easy to recreate and provided endless hours of fun!
1. Felt Caterpillar Busy Bag (Toddler Approved)
2. Robin Counting Fine Motor Busy Bag (Sugar Aunts)
3. Pizza Making Busy Bag (Glued to My Crafts)
4. I Spy Busy Bag (Handmade in the Heartland)
5. Butterfly Busy Bag for Preschoolers (Artsy Momma)
6. Silhouette Matching Game (The Connection We Share)
7. Quick & Easy Baggie Maze (Powerful Mothering)
8. Rainbow Color Word Matching (Fantastic Fun and Learning)
9. Cupcake Counting Game (Glued to My Crafts)
10. Block Puzzles Busy Bag (All Our Days)
11. Matchstick Color Sorting (The Imagination Tree)
12. Bottle Cap Phonics Cards (Life is Peachy)
13. Sponge Blocks (Inner Child Fun)
14. Color Sudoku Busy Bag (All Our Days)
15. P is for Paperclip Busy Bag (Powerful Mothering)
16. Build-a-Truck! (Little Family Fun)
17. Wood & Felt Matching Game Busy Bag (All Our Days)
18. Button Snake (Happy Hooligans)
19. Color Shades Busy Bag (All Our Days)
20. Shoe Tying Busy Bag Board (Coffee Cups and Crayons)
21. Grow My Garden Busy Bag (ThreeFootCooks)
22. Mix and Match Patterns with Plastic Eggs (Fun & Engaging Activities for Toddlers)
23. Dry Erase Busy Bags (All Our Days)
24. Popsicle Stick Patterns (Playdough to Plato)
25. Printable Animal Puzzles (Itsy Bitsy Fun)
If you and your little one enjoyed this collection of busy bags for preschoolers, please share it on Pinterest!
And if you’re looking for more ways to have fun with your kids, please follow our Kids board where we share all kinds of fabulous ideas!